The Case for Being Insured Even if HealthyMarch 02, 2018
Health insurance might seem like it's only useful for older people or those with serious health issues. But signing up for a health plan is a smart move even if you're the picture of perfect health. This infographic explains why being insured is important - even for healthy people.
- Protection From Expensive Bills and Penalties
Without health insurance, you’re just one accident away from a financial disaster where you’re responsible for the full cost of your care:
- Fall playing basketball? A broken leg can cost $7,500 to treat.
- Land in the hospital after a car accident? A three-day stay could set you back $30,000.
- Which is greater: 2.5 percent of your household income or $695? That's the penalty you'll pay each year if you don't have health insurance.
- Peace of Mind
Being covered means you won’t have to skip a doctor visit or be worried about costs if you have an accident or serious illness.
- Help Keep Yourself Healthy
You’re healthy now, and signing up for a health plan can help you stay that way by giving you access to preventive services and annual checkups, including:
- Well-person exams
- Flu shots
- Prostate cancer screenings
- Blood pressure and cholesterol checks
Ready to get covered? Visit empireblue.com to choose the plan that’s right for you.Sources: