Age Is Just a NumberAugust 06, 2019
Whether you’re thinking about retirement, putting it off for a few more years or just curious about Medicare and Medicare plans, Anthem is here for you.
Have questions? Call us today 1-855-430-7697 (TTY: 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 5 days a week.
*Predicted percentage of 64- to 74-year-olds who will remain in the labor force by 2022: 32%
Americans 85 years old or older who worked in 2016: 255,000
Percent of the 65-and-older population employed in the U.S. workforce: 19.3%
- Medicare facts to know:
- If you’re eligible for Social Security — even if you defer it — you’re eligible for Medicare.
- If you’re eligible and don’t enroll, you could be charged a penalty that increases each year until you enroll.
- If you currently get a subsidy to help pay for your health care, your subsidy could go away when you are eligible for Medicare.
- If you miss your initial enrollment period, you may experience a gap in medical coverage.
Always check with your employer to see what they offer.
- Helpful Resources:
- Sign up to receive the “Medicare and You” eHandbook provided by the U.S. Government on the Medicare.gov site.
- Start researching your options on our online store.
- Explore Empire’s member-exclusive PlanMatch site and eliminate the guess work. It offers a personal plan recommendation based on your history with us and will guide you all the way through the application process.
*Walter, Chelle Koster. "Aging, still working." Fort Myers Florida Weekly, 07 November, 2018, fortmyers.floridaweekly.com/articles/aging-still-working/
We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-888-211-9817 (TTY: 711)。ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-211-9817 (TTY: 711).
This policy has exclusions, limitations, and terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, please contact your agent or the health plan.
Empire BlueCross BlueShield is a Medicare Advantage Organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Empire BlueCross BlueShield depends on contract renewal.
Services provided by Empire HealthChoice HMO, Inc. and/or Empire HealthChoice Assurance, Inc., licensees of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
Y0114_19_109289_I_C 004 06/24/2019