ONE NUMBER. ONE WEBSITE. ONE APP with our medical and spending accountOctober 15, 2019
Anthem’s plan includes access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) to manage and pay for your care.
Wouldn't it be nice if your health plan was easy to use, access and understand? Your HSA plan gives you everything you need in a single, simple plan with just one debit card, website, phone number and mobile app. An HSA can help you pay for health care expenses including prescriptions. Plus, you can claim your HSA contributions as tax deductions, earn interest on your money and roll over the year-end balance.
- A debit card for your account. So it's easy to pay your out-of-pocket expenses for care.
- One website for your benefits and spending account. You can:
- Check your HSA balance. Look for doctors, hospitals, facilities and other health care professionals.
- Review your claims, find out if you owe anything for care and pay your balance directly from your HSA online.
- See your benefit information, including deductible and out-of-pocket. Estimate the cost of care before you see a doctor.
- One mobile app to download and use when you're on the go. With the Sydney app, you can:
- See all of your account and claims information.
- Take a photo of a receipt and upload it for reimbursement.
- Manage and send payments from your HSA.
- Find care wherever you are, 24/7.
- One customer service phone number to call if you have questions about your plan or account.
Get real-time alerts for your HSA
Want to know if your balance is low, get confirmation of your deposit or if an account statement is available? Sign up for email or text message alerts at <anthem.com> so you'll know as soon as possible about updates to your HSA.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Process description- Funds are moved directly from existing HSAs into your new bank account by check or ACH direct deposit. You are responsible for initiating the transfer.
- Permitted frequency - Unlimited
- Tax reporting - None required
- Fees - There may be a transfer fee; check with the current custodian.
- Timing - Approximately 2 weeks
- Process description - You withdraw your HSA funds from your existing acount and desposit them into your new bank accounts.
- Permitted frequency - Once a year per HSA
- Tax reporting - New custodian reports the rollover on IRS Form 5498-SA. Current custodian is not required to report the rollover but reports the distribution on IRS Form 1099-SA.
- Fees - No fee
- Timing - Once the check is deposited, funds are usually available within 2 to 5 business days.
- The 2020 Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Transfer Flier with forms
Applies to: CO, CT, ME, NH, NV, IN, VA, KY, MO, OH, WI
- The 2020 Anthem Blue Cross - California Transfer Flier with forms
- You must be covered by an HSA-compatible high-deductible health plan.
- You must be a U.S. resident, and not a resident of Puerto Rico or American Somoa
- You cannot be covered by any other comprehensive medical plan that is not an HSA-compatible, high deductible health plan.
- You cannot be enrolled in Medicare.
- Your spouse cannot be enrolled in an FSA plan.
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another individual's tax return.
- If you are a veteran, you may not have received veteran's benefits within the last three months, unless those benefits are related to a service-connected disability.
- You cannot be enrolled in TRICARE, the federal government insurance program for active and retired military.
HSA Contribution Limits Calculator:
HSA Tax Savings Calculator: